Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Don't stress"

I’m so glad that God has a sense of humor – I’m so glad that God doesn’t take me too serious even and especially when I take myself too serious.

God’s humor is humbling without embarrassment.
God’s humor teaches without scolding.
God’s humor allows me to laugh at myself.

I was stressing about nothing. I was stressing as I was driving down the road – the stress causing me to curse, become angry, and drive like a maniac.

I had overcommitted myself and I was running late. I needed to a pick a girl up from school and drive her home and pick up another girl from school and take her to her counseling appointment.

I didn’t want to be late for either – my huge pet peeve over not being late spilling forth with no one around – I was frustrated and stressed fearing my being late and letting both girls down.

I ashamedly admit that I was completely overwhelmed with this silly stress – this insignificant unnecessary stress.

Then on my way to get the first girl from school to bring her home she sent me this text from a friends phone:
“don’t stress shanna it’s not a big deal”

All I could do upon reading this text was laugh out loud to myself in my car. This text felt like it was sent to me by God with a smile on his face and his humor all around.

With my laughter my stress left and was gone and I did all I needed to do with time to spare.

It’s so funny how I take myself far too seriously and sometime I need God to remind me to lighten up, to laugh, to let the stress over nothing go.

No comments: